Random Writing Tip #2 – Patience, young grasshopper
So, what can the not-so-patient writer do whilst waiting for an agent or editor’s acceptance?
• Get busy working on the next project.
• Enter writing competitions.
• Volunteer as a contest judge – as well as helping others, you’ll learn from them as well.
• Take an online course. Have a look at Writer’s Digest’s classes or the affordable workshops by Earthly Charms.
• Enjoy the successes of other writers rather than steeping yourself in jealousy.
• Read widely – both inside and outside of your genre.
• Stop worrying about things you can’t control, like how long it’ll take for someone to review your book. Just get on with your job.
• Everyone says you have a great imagination. Give yourself a few minutes each day to dream about hitting the big time.