It’s always good to hear about new YA imprints popping into the market. The latest one that’s generating a bit of chatter is the upcoming Harlequin Teen line. Senior Editor Natashya Wilson is currently acquiring. She considers both agented and unagented submissions. Forearmed is forewarned, so I’ve gathered up a few links relating to the line, which launches this August with Rachel Vincent’s paranormal MY SOUL TO TAKE.
- Harlequin Teen trade website.
- Writing guidelines.
- Isabel Swift’s interview with Natashya Wilson.
- Novelist Inc’s article on why Harlequin has set up a YA line.
- Plans afoot for the line.
- Harlequin’s Teen Panel, where readers between the ages of 13 and 17 can discuss what they’re reading and stories they’d like to see published.
- Publishers Weekly article.
- Naysayers? We’ll see if they’re right after the line has had time to establish itself.
An official site for readers is due to go live in July. (Thanks for the heads-up, Natashya!)