Can you believe it? It’s day 14 of the NaNoWriMo challenge and I’m still at it. I just passed the halfway mark–25,076 words. I need to write at least another 24,924 words between now and the end of November.
Stuff I’ve learned so far:
- It is possible to write on the train with just a pen and notebook.
- My handwriting is really appalling. This slows me down when I transcribe my notes into the laptop. Sometimes I have no clue of what I was trying to say.
- It is also possible to pretend–briefly–that television does not exist. Unplugging the TV and also shielding your eyes from the screen as you walk by helps.
- Dishwashers are sent from heaven.
- I can train my cat to stay off my lap whilst I’m trying to write. The recent hot weather probably has something to do with this. She would rather stretch out on the veranda than bother with me.